Here’s how Lexia works:
- Your child begins at a starting point that fits his or her needs and works in online activities throughout the week.
- Online activities include direct instruction and feedback as your child learns new skills.
- Progress and performance in the program is reported so teachers can provide help when needed.
- Achievement certificates may be sent home to celebrate success and to show progress in the program.
- To use on a computer, go to www.lexiacore5.com.
- To use on an iPad, iPad mini, or Android* tablet, download the free Lexia Reading Core5 app from the App store or the Google Play store. *Android support is limited to these devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and Tab S2, and Google Nexus 7” (2012 and 2013) and 10”. The app will not work on other devices, including Kindle.
- The first time your child uses Lexia, you may need to enter the teacher email shown below. Your child can then log in with the username and password used at school and listed below.
Username: first inital, last name (e.g. hgonzalez for Hayley Gonzalez)
- It is important that your child works without any help while using Core5. All of the work your child does at home is recorded and reported to school. This way, teachers can see when help is needed and provide additional instruction at school.
- If you have any questions please contact me!